Sump Pumps Systems & Service in the Twin Cities
If you wait until your basement floods before getting a working, dependable sump pump, it will be too late! At Genz-Ryan we offer a line of high quality sump pumps that can prevent such a nightmare.
Your Basement’s Best Defense
If you wait until your basement floods before getting a working, dependable sump pump, it will be too late! At Genz-Ryan, we offer a line of high-quality sump pumps that can prevent such a nightmare.
At Genz-Ryan, we have over 60 years of experience. When we perform a sump pump installation in your Minneapolis area home, we’ll get the job done to your satisfaction. We can install any sump pump and also offer a time-tested, high-quality line of Pro Series sump pumps to fit all your needs.
Contact us for sump pump services today! Either call (612) 223-6158 or by contacting us online!
What Are Sump Pumps?
Sump pumps are responsible for pumping excess groundwater from the basement or crawl space to the outside of your home. Installing a sump pump in your basement is your best defense to prevent flooding. Basement flooding is an all-too-common experience for many Minneapolis-St. Paul area homeowners. Studies show that 90 to 95% of all basements will, at some point, experience a problem with water penetration that something as simple as a sump pump could have prevented. Even one inch of water can take many hours to clean up and cause thousands of dollars in damaged furniture and flooring.
Benefits of a Sump Pump
Sump pumps are the best defense for your basement and have other benefits. Amongst these benefits, they include:
- Keeps you worry-free no matter what the weather is like outside
- Results in a cleaner and healthier home
- Helps prevent water damage to home and furnishings
- Keeps your foundation dry and intact
- Keeps the dampness from settling in, giving you a warmer, dryer basement all year round
- Helps control the humidity level of your basement
- Removes moisture, which is a breeding ground for fungus, mold, and mildew
- Helps prevent wall coverings and paint from peeling
- Helps prevent rust and corrosion of metal appliances
Signs Your Sump Pump Needs a Repair
There are many different reasons a sump pump needs repairing. Here are some common sump pump problems that our team will be able to diagnose and fix for you:
- Overwhelmed Pump – If your is sump pump is not the right size for your home, it might not be able to handle high volumes of water, which can leave you with a flooded basement. Have one of our experts come out and inspect your sump pump to make any necessary repairs or replacements.
- Pump Burnout – A burnout can occur because of a faulty float switch or an overworked, underpowered pump. Pumps can be prone to failure, so it’s a good idea to have one of our experts ensure that your pump is not going to experience burnout.
- Power Outages – A sump pump needs power to function correctly. Pumps can get tripped by a circuit breaker, be affected by a power outage, or simply get unplugged accidentally.
- Clogged Intake – If the intake becomes clogged, this prevents the pump from extracting water from the sump pit or sump liner, causing a backup.
- Frozen/Clogged Discharge Line – The discharge pipe is what keeps water from your foundation. The pipe can be clogged with dirt, roots, and other debris, or frozen during extreme winter conditions.
Call Us for Sump Pump Services
We have an exclusive 100% satisfaction guarantee for all of our customers in the Twin Cities. We are an industry leader in plumbing, heating, cooling, remodeling, and indoor air quality. We have been delivering uncompromising customer satisfaction to our community since 1950 and can deliver the same to you today.
Contact our team today by either calling (612) 223-6158 or by contacting us online for sump pump services in the Twin Cities!