Why regular maintenance?
Homeowners are always on the lookout to save money and feel like routine maintenance will cost a lot of money. As a result, they wait until something happens to their air conditioner or furnace to call an HVAC service company, like Genz-Ryan. When you wait, it ends up costing more for a repair or replacement than the cost of regular maintenance. It invariably ends up inconveniencing you on the coldest or hottest day of the year when your service company is backed up with many other calls too. When you’re on an annual schedule, it saves you time and money and pays for itself with lower repair costs and a more efficient heating and cooling system.
More reasons why it’s so important to maintain your heating and cooling system:
- If the HVAC unit is not running properly it may be working too hard, resulting in inconsistent air temperatures and reduced comfort.
- Your heating and cooling system becomes less efficient and reliable as it accumulates dust and dirt throughout the year – which costs you money in increased utility and repair bills. In fact, as much as half of your energy used in your home goes to heating and cooling. It stands to reason that making smart decisions regarding your heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system can have a large effect on your utility bills.
- Most manufacturers require routine maintenance in order to validate the warranty. Without regular maintenance you may be invalidating your warranty! Routine maintenance will protect you from major system repairs and maintain your manufacturer’s warranty, so if you do have a problem you’ll still be covered.
- When it’s properly maintained, you can add several years (3-5 years in some cases) to the life of your heating and air conditioning system, adding years of efficient use.
- Part of your yearly inspection involves lubricating all moving parts. Parts that lack lubrication cause resistance in motors and increase the amount of electricity you use. This resistance can also cause equipment to wear out more quickly, requiring more frequent repairs or replacements.
- Another part of system maintenance is inspecting the blower components, clearing and adjusting them. Doing so helps to insure proper airflow for greater comfort levels. Airflow problems can reduce your system’s efficiency by up to 15 percent.
Just like the heating and cooling system in your home, your plumbing system, is complex and even the slightest malfunction in this system has the ability to dramatically hinder your lifestyle. Regular maintenance on your plumbing systems can prevent the unexpected from happening by checking your water heater, garbage disposal, drains and faucets, sump pump and laundry connections, etc.
In fact, without maintenance all of the mechanical systems in your home, heating and cooling, and plumbing system, will be prone to unnecessary and untimely breakdowns. Annual maintenance ensures:
- Manufacturer’s warranties are kept valid – most manufacturers require documentation of regular maintenance performed in order for your warranty to remain valid
- Safe performance for all of your home’s systems
- Equipment is running efficiently, keeping your energy costs down
- No untimely breakdown – problems are fixed before they become major expenses
- Added years of efficient use
For more information about our maintenance programs, contact us. We offer plans that include heating, cooling, and plumbing to keep all of your home comfort systems working properly year round.