Heating & Furnace Repair in the Minneapolis-St. Paul Metro Area
“There is nothing worse than waking up on a frigid Minnesota morning to a broken furnace. From emergency heating repair when your furnace breaks down, to a scheduled tune-up, Genz-Ryan is the heating contractor to call in the Minneapolis area.”
– Service Manager
At Genz-Ryan Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical, we are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so you can count on us for all your heating repair work in the Minneapolis area. Our furnace repair technicians are well-trained and experienced. They’re ready to take care of any heating issue that you may have. We are a Lennox Premier Furnace Dealer and provide expert furnace repair service for most of the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. For over 60 years we have been getting the job done right the first time.
Are you having problems with your furnace, boiler, or heat pump in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area? Call (612) 223-6158 or contact us online to speak with our heating experts at Genz-Ryan today!
Signs You Need Furnace Repair
Being without heat during a Minnesota winter can be uncomfortable or even dangerous, so it is a good idea to monitor your furnace throughout the heating season. Call our team right away if you notice any of the following signs of heating problems:
- You notice a strong gas smell. If you do, call us right away! You may have a dangerous leak in your furnace’s heat exchanger, which can leak carbon monoxide.
- Your furnace has started to make strange noises.
- Your electric bills are suddenly going through the roof.
- You feel hot and cold spots in your home.
- You notice dust and dirt beginning to build up quickly around your home.
- Your furnace isn’t running. Troubleshoot first: check the emergency shut-off and your breaker. Switch them off, then on again. If the system still doesn’t work, call us to determine the source of the problem.
- Heating and cycling problems, your furnace runs and provides some heat but not enough.
- Your pilot light is yellow instead of blue.
It’s important that your furnace receives regular maintenance to ensure that it’s working properly and efficiently. Routine maintenance can also extend the life of your heating system by several years. Ask about our annual maintenance agreements that cover your plumbing, heating, and cooling systems and can save you money.
Call (612) 223-6158 or contact us online to learn more about the importance of routine maintenance for your HVAC system.
Our Heating & Furnace Repair Services in Minneapolis
Keep your Minneapolis home cozy and warm this winter with heating repair services from our team at Genz-Ryan. We are equipped to handle any heating problem you may encounter, and we are available 24/7 for fast service whenever you need us. Our heating services in the Minneapolis and St. Paul area include:
- Furnace repair, service, replacement, and installation
- Thermostat installation and repair
- Complete home zoning
- Industry-leading guarantees & warranties
- Maintenance agreements for your peace of mind
- Furnace repair, service, replacement, and installation
- Boiler repair, service, replacement, and installation
- Heat pump repair, service, replacement, and installation
- Hybrid heating system repair, service, replacement and installation
Would you like to know more about the heating services we offer? Call (612) 223-6158 or contact us online to speak with our experts or to schedule service!
Why Choose Genz-Ryan for Your Heating Repair?
Since 1950 a few things may have changed, but one thing has remained the same—our commitment to providing the highest quality heating services while delivering uncompromising customer service. By choosing Genz-Ryan, you can rest assured knowing that:
- We have over 60 years of award-winning heating service experience
- Our heating repair service is available any time day or night, even on holidays
- We repair furnaces and heating systems of all makes and models
- Our furnace repair technicians are certified and trained to handle your heating system repairs
- Our service vehicles are fully stocked to cover every heating repair you might encounter
Are you ready to experience the Genz-Ryan difference? Give us a call at (612) 223-6158 or schedule heating repairs online today. We serve Bloomington, Eagan, Eden Prairie, Savage, and beyond!
Heating Repair FAQs
How long will my heating system last?
Furnaces and heat pumps will typically last 12 to 15 years before they need to be replaced, while boilers can last 15 to 20 years. Proper maintenance can maximize the service life of your system, as can quality repairs, when required.
How much do furnace repairs cost?
It will depend on the nature of the problem and the parts required to repair it. At Genz-Ryan, we will recommend the most cost-effective repair options for your budget, and we will provide detailed estimates before work begins. All our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
What are your most common furnace problems?
At Genz-Ryan, our most common heating problems that we encounter include faulty thermostats, igniter failures, thermocouple failures, dirty flame sensors, sooty burners, faulty fan limiters, faulty capacitors, and clogged filters. All of these are relatively minor and inexpensive to repair.
Can a cracked heat exchanger be repaired?
Because of the constant heat cycling that a heat exchanger must endure, once it is damaged it often cannot be repaired due to the deterioration of the surrounding metal. Installing a new heating system is often the most cost-effective option.
“The service technician did a fantastic job, explaining what needed to be fixed and was thorough in his work and cleaned up afterwards. I purchased my new furnace and air conditioner from them and am a satisfied customer.” – Joyce