Indoor Air Quality Services in the Twin Cities
Indoor air quality is very important; Americans spend 70% of their lives indoors.
Having comfort indoors is important. Let Genz-Ryan test, diagnose, and solve your indoor air quality problems. Every tool that we have at our disposal helps us fix your problems so your home can be safe and comfortable.
It’s easy to overlook the importance of managing your indoor air quality, especially with most people wrongly assuming the quality of air inside their home is, by default, better than the air outside.
But between volatile organic compounds from household products, dust and dander from people and pets, and a host of other substances and chemicals that accumulate indoors, indoor air quality is frequently two to five times worse than that of the air outside of your home.
Learn more about why indoor air quality matters and what you can do for your Minneapolis-St. Paul area home by contacting Genz-Ryan Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical at (612) 223-6158.
Why Indoor Air Quality Matters
Most people spend most of their time indoors, which can be quite a problem if your indoor air quality is bad. It can affect your health, every complex mechanical or electrical device in your home, and more, left unfixed.
Here are just a few of the common signs that your indoor air quality isn’t properly managed:
- Health problems. Poor indoor air quality can cause headaches, allergies, fatigue, nausea, sneezing, coughing, poor sleep quality, worse asthma symptoms, and more. If you notice you feel worse at home than outside, this can be why.
- Dustiness. Excessive dust can be a good indicator of air quality management, especially if it builds up in suspicious locations like your air registers.
- Short-lived electronic devices. Poor air quality can chew up your electronic devices and spit them out, leaving you scratching your head at how fast they fail you.
- Smells that linger. If smells linger excessively in your home, especially bad ones, it’s a sign your air isn’t being cycled or filtered appropriately.
- Inappropriate humidity. Home too dry, or too humid? Both can cause a chain reaction of indoor air quality problems, in addition to the basic problems inherent to either.
- Pests. Pests are attracted to excessive humidity and mold and can be a telltale sign of indoor air quality problems—and a source of them.
If you recognize these problems, don’t delay. Contact us at (612) 223-6158 or online and get started on correcting your indoor air quality.
Duct Cleaning Services
Many air quality problems begin with your ductwork. Leaky ducts allow dust and other pollutants to bypass your air filter and any purification technology you have, making sure every possible pollutant gets spread throughout your home. Let us seal and clean your ducts to make your home cleaner and your HVAC more efficient.
Schedule duct sealing, duct cleaning, and other HVAC maintenance services for your Minneapolis-St. Paul home today. Dial (612) 223-6158 or reach out to us online.
Humidifier & Dehumidifier Installation
Depending on what problems you have with your home humidity, you might need either a humidifier or a dehumidifier to maintain a healthy balance between too much moisture and too little. As a bonus, this will improve home comfort and minimize wasted energy from your heating and cooling systems. We’ll help you hit your target between 30% and 50% relative humidity reliably.
Air Filtration & Purification Services
Of course, without proper filtration and purification, nothing can keep the air inside your home clean. Filtration of your HVAC intake is only one component of the picture; while a high-quality filter can grab much of what comes through your home (as long as it’s replaced regularly), it can’t grab everything.
For things too small to filter, you have filtration technology such as germicidal UV lights and other tech designed to kill, disable, or dissolve the organic substances that cause health problems in the home.
Learn more about your options for air filtration or purification today. Dial (612) 223-6158 or message us online with any questions you might have.
Schedule Indoor Air Quality Services With Genz-Ryan
At Genz-Ryan, we take indoor air quality seriously. We understand how important it is to your well-being and the well-being of your family—to say nothing of the expenses that can pile up if you let air quality suffer. Work with us and you’ll be breathing easy in no time.
Ready to find out more about indoor air quality services? Call us today at (612) 223-6158 or message us online to schedule an indoor air quality assessment and hear estimates for different indoor air quality solutions!