Zoning Your Home in the Minneapolis-St. Paul Metro Area
Zoning is the ability to have separate temperature controls in different areas of your home, meaning you can control the heating and cooling for various areas of your home independently rather than setting the temperature for the entire home. The temperatures of each area can be customized to the needs of the home and its residents.
What are the benefits of Zoning?
There are many benefits to zoning your home:
- Indoor air comfort is increased- A lot of the time members of a household may feel comfortable at different temperatures. With a zoned HVAC system everyone can be happy. One family member can set their room at 75 degrees, while the other can set their room to be 70 degrees.
- Increased energy efficiency- Efficiency is gained by not heating and cooling the entire home, which leads to decreased utility bill costs. Zoning systems can decrease energy costs by as much as 30%.
- Flexibility and control is increased- Being able to customize temperatures in different rooms of your home gives you greater control of your comfort.
- Extended HVAC system life- Your HVAC system will receive less wear and tear because it won’t be required to move air throughout the entire home at all times.
“What really makes this company so special is all of their plumbers and HVAC technicians. Everyone who has come into my home have been very knowledgeable and helpful.” – Karen
Should you consider Zoning Your Home?
- Do you have problems with temperatures varying from one floor of your home to another?
- Do you have internal areas of your home that tend to overheat or over cool?
- Are different family members comfortable at different temperatures?
- Are any rooms used for special purposes such as a home office or exercise room?
- Are any rooms seldom used such as a formal dining room or guest bedroom?
- Do you have any rooms that have unique cooling and heating requirements such as a sunroom, basement or bonus room?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you should consider a Genz-Ryan zoning system.
Zone Customization in Your Home
Honeywell developed its first residential temperature zoning systems in 1945. Since then, the market for individual room temperature control has continued to grow, and so has Honeywell’s leadership position in the category. For applications from two zones to 32 zones, and for products from panels to dampers to complete system kits, Honeywell is your single-source solution for zoning. Contact Genz-Ryan for help setting up a totally customized, totally comfortable zoned system.
For more on home zoning your heating and air conditioning system or any of our other products and services, please contact us.