How Often Should I Have My Home Air Ducts Cleaned?
Routine maintenance is one of the most important aspects of keeping your heating and air conditioning system in proper working condition. Part of routine maintenance includes scheduling regular air duct cleaning.
Read on to learn more about the importance of routine duct cleaning, how often you should have your air ducts cleaned, and what can happen if you fail to keep up with regular cleanings.
When Should Homeowners Schedule Duct Cleaning?
In general, it’s recommended that you have your air ducts cleaned at least once every three to five years. However, you should have your air ducts inspected annually as part of your HVAC maintenance to ensure there are no pressing issues with your system in between cleanings.
There are some situations in which it may be a good idea to request duct cleaning before the recommended interval. These include:
- Moving into a new home
- Following a remodeling project
- Experiencing severe allergic reactions
- Noticing increased dust buildup outside of vent registers
- Needing to change your air filters more frequently
- Smelling moldy, mildewy odors coming from air vents
- Noticing visible pest infestation
Benefits of Routine Duct Cleaning
Keeping an air duct cleaning schedule for your HVAC system is extremely beneficial for several reasons, including:
- Efficiency: By removing unwanted debris from your air ducts, you open your system for improved airflow, allowing it to work more efficiently to meet your comfort demands.
- Quality: Eliminating harmful contaminants from your air ducts can improve the indoor air quality in your home.
- Health: Air duct cleaning helps eliminate mold, mildew, bacteria, viruses, and other airborne pollutants that can increase allergy symptoms and respiratory irritation.
- Cleanliness: Removing dust and debris from your air ducts helps reduce dustiness throughout your home so you can enjoy a cleaner living space.
What Happens If You Don’t Regularly Clean Your Air Ducts?
Just like there are consequences to neglecting your HVAC system maintenance needs, there are significant drawbacks to not adhering to a regular air duct cleaning schedule. If you don’t have your air ducts professionally cleaned, you may experience:
- Mold or mildew growth and spread
- Clogged air ducts
- Pest infestation
- Increased utility bills
- Reduced heating and cooling performance
Call On Genz-Ryan for Duct Cleaning Services
At Genz-Ryan Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electric, our team offers the comprehensive air duct cleaning solutions that Twin Cities residents have trusted for more than 70 years.
We are committed to helping families receive the highest quality services and delivering uncompromising customer satisfaction with every service we provide.
If you live in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area and need duct cleaning services, call (612) 223-6158 to schedule service today!