Happy Valentine’s Day-Love is in the Air
Posted On: February 11, 2015
Valentine’s Day is on its way and you are still trying to find that special gift for that special someone. Why not think outside of the chocolate candy box this year and get something the whole family can enjoy. No, it’s not a trip to Disney Land, though that would be nice, it is a healthy HVAC system. Not the most romantic of gifts but it will definitely show your family that you care.
Think about it, you need your furnace in the winter when temperatures outside drop and imagine summer without an AC when temps rise to the unimaginable! Most of us have been there and done that. No fun at all. So here is a list of the best unromantic gifts ever.
Preventive Maintenance Plan- Becoming a Genz-Ryan Service Partner Plan Member is easy, affordable, and worth it. You get to choose from 3 different levels of maintenance ranging from $5.00 a month to $19.95 a month (which includes filters every year). This way you can stay ahead of the game and keep your HVAC system clean and reliable.
Auto-ship Filter Program- Every year, Genz-Ryan will send out your filter of choice to your home. This will range in price depending on the filter but what a great way to be reminded that you need to change your filter every month, every three months, or once a year. Please call Genz-Ryan to learn more about the program.
Air Cleaner/Purifiers- Nothing says, “I love you” then improving your indoor air quality, your health, and your comfort with an Air Cleaner or Purifier.
Whole House Humidifier- Over dry air can be unhealthy and have damaging effects on your home. Just think, everyday your sweetheart can be reminded of your love.
Last but not least: The most important gift ever: Let’s face it, everyone needs some chocolate on Valentine’s Day!
Chocolate Mint Cookies Ingredients
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 36 chocolate mint wafer candies
- In a large pan over low heat, cook butter, sugar and water until butter is melted. Add chocolate chips and stir until partially melted. Remove from heat and continue to stir until chocolate is completely melted. Pour into a large bowl and let stand 10 minutes to cool off slightly.
- At high speed, beat in eggs, one at a time into chocolate mixture. Reduce speed to low and add dry ingredients, beating until blended. Chill dough about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll dough into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake 8-10 minutes. While cookies are baking unwrap mints and divide each in half. When cookies are brought out of the oven, put 1/2 mint on top of each cookie. Let the mint sit for up to 5 minutes until melted, then spread the mint on top of the cookie. Eat and enjoy!
For more details, visit Allrecipes.Com.