Temperatures are dropping. Water is freezing. Winter is coming…is your furnace ready?
The worst time for your furnace to go out is in the middle of a cold snap, and you know that’s when it always happens. Preparing your system for winter can help eliminate fire hazards, prolong the life of your equipment and keep Jack Frost from nipping at your nose on those chilly Minnesota nights.
To get the most out of your furnace this winter, here are some tips to make sure it’s ready to fight those frigid temps.
Tips for getting your heating system ready for winter:
1. Change your air filter. This is a simple thing to do, but surprisingly many people overlook it.
2. Keep your vents open. Closing off vents can restrict air flow, which can reduce the air quality in your home.
3. Test your thermostat. Make sure your system can reach the set temperature and that it goes on and off like it should.
4. Have your furnace inspected annually. (Don’t forget about our $59 tune-up special!)
5. Consider replacing your furnace with a more energy efficient model. We can help you decide what is best for your home.
Keep Jack Frost from nipping at your nose this winter by preparing your furnace now. When cold weather hits, you can count on Genz-Ryan to take care of your heating needs all season. Call us or click here to easily schedule an appointment online!